NEW SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 15 SEPTEMBER 2023
Call for Scientific presentations
ACADEMIC & RESEARCH TRACK
The present call asks for presentations which demonstrate recent advances in applied research and contributions to the discussion about the ethical, legal, interoperability and inclusion aspects.
- -Creation of depth and volume for images, video and sound
- -Advances in interactive sensors end rendering devices for virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), mixed reality (MR) and extended reality (XR).
- -Sensory/perceptual sciences considerations in design of XR
- -Creation and capture of immersive content
- -Novel 3D rendering techniques for ultra-realistic content (including holography) and/or real-time rendering
- -Multi-camera systems and light field compression
- -Consideration of user emotion in the design of XR
- -Advances in interoperability for interactive technologies
- -Contributions to ethical, legal and inclusion aspects of XR
Product presentations are excluded.
CONDITIONS & DEADLINES
We ask for a 300 word abstract, which describes the topic of your presentation including the novelty and innovation. All the submitted proposals for presentations will be evaluated by an expert committee. After careful evaluation, 7 presentations will be selected. The authors of the accepted presentations receive a free pass for Stereopsia 2023. After the event, the presentations have to be made available for all the participants.
- Submissions of presentation proposals – 31 August 2023 — NEW DEADLINE: 15 September 2023
- Notification of acceptance – 30 September 2023
- Submission of presentations – 12 October 2023
Scientific conference – 19 October 2023 in Brussels, Belgium
Prof. Rigmor Baraas, Director of National Centre for Optics, Vision and Eye Care, University of South-Eastern Norway
Prof. Caroline Cao, Chair of Industry of the future, Computer Sciences Department, IMT Atlantique, France
Dr. Antonin Gilles, Researcher and Deputy Lab Manager, IRT b-com, France
Dr. Omar A. Niamut, Director of Science, TNO ICT, The Netherlands
Dr. Oliver Schreer, Associate Professor TU Berlin, Head of Research Group at Fraunhofer Heinrich Hertz Institute, Germany
Dr. Athanasia Symeonidou, XR Researcher & Developer, Human Interface Technology Lab, Hogeschool West-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Jan Pflüger, Consultant, advisXR, Germany