After several years of IC3D (Int. Conference on 3D Immersion), we have decided to change the format and initiate an Academic & Research Track.
In the 2022 Academic & Research Track of Stereopsia, we aim to bring academia together with professionals from creative media and industry and offer XR professionals easier access to recent advances in applied research.
Hence, we asked the members of interactive and immersive technologies community active in research & development to contribute to this track. The call asked for presentations -instead of scientific papers, which demonstrate recent advances in applied research.
Welcome address by Chair of the Scientific Conference
– Oliver Schreer (Fraunhofer Heinrich Hertz Institute, Germany)
First Session | 9am – 10:40am
From efficient volumetric capture of characters to interactive controllable avatars.
– from author Marc Christie (Université de Rennes 1 / IRISA / INRIA, France)
Development Issues for a Low Cost Real Time Full Body Tracking Solution.
– from authors Stephan Hausoul (N-Gone, Belgium), Michael De Prins, Nicolas Angot, Francois-Xavier Inglese
Indoor 3D modelling, segmentation & diminished reality– an end-to-end application-oriented approach.
– from authors Georg Thallinger (Joanneum Research, Austria), Werner Bailer, Gerhard Paar, Martin Pszeida, Christina Schwarz-Gsaxner, Gerhard Fellrieser, Andreas Wagermaier
SocialXR: a Real-time Socially Focused 3D Rendered Shared Experience.
– from author Sylvie Dijkstra-Soudarissanane (TNO, Netherlands)
Second session | 11:10am – 12:30PM
The Galaxicle Implosions: co-creating animated content live in VR, in-theatre and online.
– from author Fred Deakin (FANDCO, United Kingdom)
Pilot study on the learning effectiveness of anatomical knowledge and practical spinal surgery skills usinga new VR-based training platform.
– from authors Maximilian Reinhold (University Medical Center Goettingen, Germany), Can Asal (NonNocere, Berlin, Germany)
Virtual reality as a tool for naturalistic approach of auditory spatial perception.
– from authors Valerie Gaveau (Centre de Recherche en Neurosciences de Lyon, IMPACT team, France), Aurélie Coudert, Grégoire Verdelet, Chiara Valzhoger, Romeo Salemme, Eric Koun, Clement Desoche, Eric Truy, Alessandro Farnè, Francesco Pavani